Click Here to see an update from Columbia High School Principal, Robert Kedney, regarding the 2021 CHS Graduation Ceremony and important dates for seniors.
To: Senior Students and Parents/Guardians
From: Robert Kedney
Subject: End of School and Graduation Information
In a few short weeks, you will be getting ready to graduate from Columbia High School. It is extremely important that you read the information below carefully and contact the office if you have any questions or concerns .
Please note a change in our graduation plan. Due to removal of gathering restrictions by the governor effective 5/31, we will have graduation indoors as normal. Students will be given six tickets for family members to attend the ceremony. The graduation ceremony will be streamed on the district ' s YouTube page CBSD Media for family and friends that are unable to attend in person.
You will not be able to participate in graduation unless your service hours have been completed. Please speak with Miss Jones if you are unsure of your service hour status. Service hour opportunities are posted on the Counselor' s Corner website . Service hours must be completed by May 27th•
Important dates:Wednesday, May 19th - Senior Awards Ceremony from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM in CHS auditorium.
- 4 family members may attend per student
- All three CTC locations will be having individual ceremonies assigned by program. Specific information will be communicated directly from the CTC Schools.
- The last day of school for senior CTC students will be Tuesday, June 1st
Tuesday, June 1st - Last day of class for seniors
- Grades due for seniors by end of day
Wednesday, June 2nd - Graduation Practice beginning in the Columbia High School Gym
- 8:00 AM
- Cap and Gown / Tickets will be distributed at this practice
- Senior obligations due / Computer tum in
- Diplomas will not be given out until payment is received for obligations.
- Practice begins at 8:00 AM
- Graduation Practice dress rehearsal @ 8:00 AM beginning in the Columbia High School Gym
- Parade of seniors at the High school, Taylor Middle School and Park Elementary School.
- Commencement at 7:00 PM in the Columbia High School auditorium
- Seniors report to gym at 6:00 PM to prepare for ceremony
- Class photo taken in gym before procession
- Doors open for parents and family at 6:30 PM
- All practices for Commencement are MANDATORY. NO EXCUSES WILL BE APPROVED EXCEPT FOR THOSE EMERGENCIES DEEMED UNAVOIDABLE BY THE PRINCIPAL.
- When you are in the building for practices, please continue to dress in compliance with the school dress code, or you will be sent home to change.
- Dress for Commencement will be as follows:
- Males - Shirt and tie with dress pants, no sneakers
- Females - Dress slacks or a dress, no sneakers
Some seniors are on the borderline. Should you find that you do not meet graduation requirements , you should contact Student Services for Summer School information and/or a conference to determine the best plan of action for completing your education.
One final word of caution: Graduation is intended to be a solemn and dignified ceremony culminating your formal education in the public-school system. The nature of the ceremony requires that your behavior is appropriate to the occasion. Please do not diminish the beauty of the occasion for your family and friends by acting inappropriately.The next few weeks will probably be among the most hectic you have experienced so far in your lifetime. If Mr. Kedney or Miss Jones can be of any assistance to you and your family, please ask. Let us make this an exciting and memorable time for you and your families.