August 22, 2016
On January 8, 2002, President Bush signed into law the “No Child Left Behind Act” (NCLB). NCLB is designed to improve student achievement by increasing federal involvement in public education both at the state and local level. NCLB requires significant changes to schools that receive Title I funding. Park School receives Title I funding and is covered under NCLB.
• Increased accountability for states, school districts and individual schools
• Greater choice for parents, especially those in low-performing schools
• Greater flexibility for states and local education agencies in the use of federal dollars
Under NCLB, parents have a right to know the professional qualifications of their children’s teacher(s). This letter is to inform you of your right to the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:
• Whether the State of Pennsylvania licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teachers.
• Whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency permit or other provisional status through which state licensing criteria have been waived.
• The teacher’s college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
• Whether any instructional aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and if they do their qualifications.
Our teachers at Park Elementary School are highly qualified and meet these professional qualifications. If you would like to receive specific information about your child’s teacher, please contact your school’s principal.
Our district is fully committed to the success of your child. We appreciate your partnership in our efforts.
John A. Black